After 80 years, the glorious Ducale name returns to Montegrappa. It first appeared in 1930, when the Ducale fountain pen marked the arrival of haute de gamme writing instruments for Elmo (the first name for Montegrappa)
The name Ducale comes from Palazzo Ducale, one of the symbols of Venice and a masterpiece of Gothic architecture. Located in Piazza San Marco, the Doge's palace embodies the essence of Venetian culture and tradition.
For Montegrappa, based for over a century in its home of Bassano del Grappa, a mere 80km from Venice, the proximity of this remarkable city adds to the significance of a pen whose form was inspired by the elegance of Venetian architecture.
The metal nibs, palladium or rose gold finished, are carefully decorated with a classic geometrical design which recalls the Venetian buildings' facades and cloisters.
Filling system is cartridge or converter.